smxWiFi™ is a robust 802.11 Media Access Control (MAC) stack specifically designed and developed for embedded systems. It is written in C, and can run on any hardware platform. While optimized for SMX, smxWiFi can be ported to different operating systems and WiFi chipsets.
- Supports 802.11a/b/g/i/n.
- Supports both Infrastructure (connection to an AP) and Independent BSS (adhoc peer to peer connection). Hidden AP is also supported.
- Supports Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer (P2P) and SoftAP
- Supports Wi-Fi Simple Configuration. Both PBC and PIN are supported.
- Supports Enterprise security and RADIUS server through PEAP/MSCHAPv2.
- Supports Open, Shared, 802.11i authentication types.
- Supports WEP, TKIP and AES encryption modes.
- Supports the Ralink RT2573, RT2860, RT2870, RT3070, RT3572, RT5370, and RT5572 chipsets.
- Dynamic selection of chipset driver when multiple purchased.
- Small footprint (25K - 49K bytes code space depending upon the processor and compiler)
- Interfaced to smxNS. Easily portable to other TCP/IP stacks.
- Interfaced to smxUSBH for USB Wi-Fi dongle support
- Also supports PCI Wi-Fi cards.
- Written entirely in ANSI-C.
- Optimized for SMX® RTOS. Easily portable to other RTOSs.